The West Hanover Township Historical Society was formed and incorporated in March, 1986 as an outgrowth of the 1985 township bicentennial celebration. Its purpose is to foster a sense of community and share information about West Hanover Township history, as well as knowledge of Dauphin County and Pennsylvania history. Membership is open to everyone interested in West Hanover Township history. The Society’s logo shows the log cabin in Fairville Park. The cabin was erected by volunteers in celebration of the nation’s bicentennial in 1976 and is a replica of an early settler’s homestead.
The Society has an archive of historical books, records, and other memorabilia stored in the society’s file cabinet at the municipal building. Museum committee members maintain a rotating exhibit in the lobby of the West Hanover Township Municipal Building. The display case was given to the society by Cindy Smith in 1992. It was originally used as a penny candy case at the Mumma Store in Fishing Creek and dates from the late 19th century. The cabinet’s base was built and donated by Campbell Cabinets in 1997.
Jonathan Hetrick , President (firstname.lastname@example.org) 315-0022
Jeanie Glaser , Vice President (email@example.com) 576-9073
Diane Gotshall , Ex-Officio 469-4060
Gloria Zimmerman , Ex-Officio 469-2113
Carol Buskirk , Secretary 545-1336
Dottie Speck , Treasurer 566-2970
Harry Senft , Membership Chairman 469-7130