West Hanover Township’s Public Works Department is comprised of the Public Works Director (appointed by the Board of Supervisors) and the professional staff of public works employees engaged in a variety of services to the township.
Services provided (but not limited to) include:
- Maintaining/running the Compost Center
- Snow Removal
- Storm Water Management
- Street/Right-of-Way Mowing & Trimming
- Street Maintenance – Potholes & Patching
- Street Sweeping
- Street Paving
Address & Hours
402 N Fairville Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
8 am to 3 pm
A permit is required for use of the Compost Facility.
- Season Permits are $30 and additional stickers for second vehicles are $5.
- Day Permits are $10 and allow the use of the Compost Facility for one day.
Residents are required to show proof of residency to purchase a Permit. Permits may be purchased at the Township Municipal Building, 7171 Allentown Boulevard, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm. If you are unable to visit the Municipal Building during office hours, an application for a Compost Facility Permit can be mailed to you. Permit applications may be requested by calling the Township office at 717-652-4841.
- Branches (less than 6 inches in diameter, no longer than 4 inches)
- Yard waste
- Stumps, grass clippings, garbage, railroad ties
- Landscaping timbers, treated lumber, any concrete material
- No contractors will be permitted to use the facility - Residents only
- No construction waste
- Used motor oil
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL)
- (No permit required to drop off used oil or CFLs)