- 7 pm
- Fourth Thursday of every month (The third Thursday for the months of November and December)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Richard Mula, Chairman
- Alan Williamson Jr., Vice Chairman
- Tom Stewart, Secretary
- Kyle Miller
- Stacey Connors
- Elizabeth Bezsylko
- Janet Hardman, Zoning & Planning Administrator
- Sharmaine Harman, Zoning & Planning Admin. Assistant
- Lauren Weaver, Tri-County Planning Commission
The West Hanover Township Planning Commission is an independent advisory board that was established during the 1960s for the purpose of preparing the Township’s first Comprehensive Plan in 1968. Today, the Planning Commission continues to serve the community by providing specialized assistance to the Board of Supervisors and the community in formulating Township planning policies and providing comments and recommendations on subdivision plans and land development projects being undertaken in the Township. The Planning Commission also is involved in the policy-making process and ordinance preparations regarding land use, development and similar growth management under the Township’s land development ordinances and the PA Municipalities Planning Code, Act 247.
The Planning Commission is specifically important to the Board of Supervisors by providing comments and recommendations related to the following areas:
- Review and comment on Comprehensive Plan issues
- Preparation of zoning ordinance amendments for consideration by the Board of Supervisors
- Review and make recommendations on proposals to rezone land in the Township
- Review and make recommendations on land development and subdivision plan applications
- Review and comment on the Township’s Capital Improvements Program
- Conduct other planning studies and performs other related projects independently and/or at the request of the Board of Supervisors
The West Hanover Township Planning Commission has 5 members who are residents of the Township. Each member is appointed by the Board of Supervisors for a term of 4 years.